Important important info (wipes, new gamemodes, etc)

3 replies
tlqn MASTER
Votes:
+696,969
we'll see how many people actually read this, but i kinda have to either way.

you may have read a forum thread made by dog about some of this info but she uses big words so ill put it simple and easy to read, just to be entirely transparent.

currently i don't believe the gamemodes on hyrise are as good as they could be. in all honesty the current survival was made by me in a few hours, i didn't do any crates, i didn't do much with kits or economy, it was just a lazy mess of random stuff i wanted to put in.

point is- we will be entirely redoing all of our core gamemodes (survival, creatives, kitpvp) which does mean that the world, economy, inventory, echests, and vaults will all be reset. i will speak to dog about possibly saving 1 build per person that we can import into a new creative world possibly, (or maybe we will just copy over the entire world? who knows). this will probably anger a lot of players but we believe in order to deliver the most fun experience we have to start anew with some of our worlds.

if you have any suggestions or ideas for gamemodes you may want us to introduce, please post them here. we will be taking ideas so if you want prison, factions, mcmmo, just say it here and we will take it in to consideration. thanks for understanding, (get ready for dislikes woo)
Posted Dec 27, 17 · OP
tlqn MASTER
Votes:
+696,969
edit: we arent gonna reset the creative world, we'll just import it over.
Posted Dec 27, 17 · OP
List
Undo
coremaster YT MASTER
Votes:
+1
Tlqn kits? are Ranks still going to keep Rank kits like builder? i think we should keep those on certain worlds such as Old Survival, Factions, etc. because We put Money into those. also How much money are players going to start with? also I suggest having a Roleplay with a Separate Chat not for me but because i know a few players who left Hyrise for Roleplay servers, i understand Factions is being made Right now or i think i might've had false news given to me but suggestion for it Have mcmmos For Factions.

<Coremaster>
Posted Dec 28, 17
tlqn MASTER
Votes:
+696,969
Tlqn kits? are Ranks still going to keep Rank kits like builder? i think we should keep those on certain worlds such as Old Survival, Factions, etc. because We put Money into those. also How much money are players going to start with? also I suggest having a Roleplay with a Separate Chat not for me but because i know a few players who left Hyrise for Roleplay servers, i understand Factions is being made Right now or i think i might've had false news given to me but suggestion for it Have mcmmos For Factions.

<Coremaster>
ill answer all your questions as best as i can- (dont hate me)

1. are ranks going to keep rank kits like builder: ranks will have their own rank specific kits in survival. as for ranks that you have payed for like guardian, builder, or nether; for us to be eula compliant we unfortunately can't sell kits like those (a lot of the reason we discontinued the first survival was because of overpowered kits that gave donators a large advantage over regular players) i will try to see if we can compensate players who have purchased those kits somehow. we will try to keep your donation worth it, not only because you are donating to us to help us further with the server, but also because you donate for the perks that come with it. hopefully the perks you get in the new gamemodes will be greater than or equal to the ones you payed for in the first place.

2. keeping the old worlds: probably not. we will be seperating each gamemode to a server connected by bungee/bungeechat like how "main" and "minigames" are currently, and with that main will most likely be used for its own individual purpose so we won't be able to save the old worlds.

3.how much money will we start with: money will be seperated by gamemode, so survival will have its own economy, skyblock will have its own economy, etc etc. we are unsure how much money the players will start with but the economy will be changing and the price ratio will change so even if i told you how much money the players would start with, you wouldn't really understand what that number means unless i told you what you could buy with that money.

4. roleplay server?: we don't plan to classify ourselves as a roleplay server, but you are perfectly free to roleplay in any of our worlds. (although i think roleplaying in minecraft is a little weird.)

5. factions: ill clear some stuff up here: factions will not be released with the revamps of all our gamemodes- however we are currently possibly making preparations for a factions server, if all goes well we can hopefully release it as a new gamemode in 2018 (don't quote me on this, it may not happen at all, but we are definitely interested in making factions for hyrise =)

edit: worded it incorrectly. we are working on factions, just take it as that.
Posted Dec 28, 17 · OP · Last edited Dec 28, 17
NoticeNotices